Monday, March 3, 2008

Experiment Day!

Today, again, is my experiment day at fst(food science and technology) lab. Why I am here again today? I always asking myself every time I have to travel from my faculty to main campus for the only purpose -- using water bath at fst lab. It is very sad to say that, yes, my department's (process and food engineering) laboratory have a water bath, but the water bath is not well function. Who are willing to wait for bus about 1hr before travel to other place to do the experiment, instead of walking about 10 minutes to the faculty located in front of the place where they stay?? It is crazy... try to imagine - 10 minutes and 60 minutes, what a huge different!! What will you choose?

The difference between the water bath in both lab is there are some holding plates inside the rectangular tank. It is used to whole the beakers to prevent it float on the water. I need this stuff to hold the beakers to be heated in the experiment. In addition, there is a shaker came with the water bath. The one in my lab, already cannot shake!! What for to have a water bath like this?? Hai... May be it is okay for others who do not need the holding plates and shaker, some of my course mate still can use it... I wish I only need to test my sample in static condition, then I don't need to travel so far from my collegue.

The static experiment I had done before only required about 40-50 minutes to obtain the sample I needed. In shaking condition, it's take about 4 hours. I can't imaging how different it was. Oh!! 4 hrs wasted to prepare the sample...2 more hours to clean the things up. The parameters take in consider include time, concentration of cleaning solution, compared with water cleaning... So much of combination needed to be tested... How many days I need?? And I have to test again using plate heat exchanger... I only have another 6 weeks to pass up my final report... Can I make it???

I really hope so... Yes, I must believe in myself!! I CAN DO IT!!!

It's time for me to check for my sample...

2 comments:

(e+ho)ng said...

加油! 加油!

靖璇 said...

(e+ho)ng,

Ha Ha!! I will add oil... because I have a sweet and patient darling supporting me... Ha HA!!

Thanks!!